Minolta SR-T Super in Black Enamel 35mm Film Camera with Minolta MD 50mm f/1.7 Prime Lens - Fully Functional
Here we have a very nice vintage SLR camera from Minolta, the SR-T Super with an amazing lens, the MD 50mm F/1.7, polarizing filter and lens cap.
This is the black body version of the SRT Super, which is significantly less common than the chrome counterpart.
It features all the wonderful assets of the SRT line, as well as a number of important features unique to the "Super". The camera listed here is the mirror lock-up model. Minolta stopped including this feature roughly half-way through the production run, making the earlier models (such as this one) more full-featured and desirable. This is the first Minolta SRT to feature an information display viewfinder showing shutter speed and aperture, the first SRT to feature double exposure mode, and this is the only Minolta mechanical SRT to feature a hot shoe.
This camera has been thoroughly tested, and is fully functional. The battery compartment, film compartment, mirror box, viewfinder, and focus screen are all clean and show only minor dust commensurate with age. The exterior cosmetics are very good, though there are some blemishes that can be seen in the included photos. All dials, levers, and switches actuate exactly as they should, and with typical Minolta mechanical precision.
The light meter works perfectly, and is powered by readily available batteries (which are included).
The included lens is a wonderful fast prime lens of the highest quality. The Minolta MD series is well-known for producing amazing bokeh, contrast, color, and superior image quality. This fast prime example will offer exceptional low-light shooting capabilities, produce fantastic bokeh, and be incredibly sharp when stopped down. The 50mm focal length is the perfect standard for all kinds of general purpose photography, from street photography to landscapes, from snapshots to action, from portraits to architectural shooting.
Cosmetically and mechanically the lens is in excellent condition. The glass elements are free of fungus, balsam separation, haze, and all other optical aberrations. The aperture blades are snappy and free of oil. Stop down speeds are correct and perfect. Focus throw is smooth and nicely weighted, and the aperture ring clicks into its detents with precision. Filter threads are in excellent shape.
A full and thorough review of the SRT series can be found here :
Minolta SR-T Super Features :
- Single lens reflex camera with through-the-lens CLC meter coupled to shutter and film speed
- Meter sensitivity EV 3 to EV 17 at ASA 100
- Film speeds supported ASA 6-6400
- Fully mechanical cloth focal plane shutter with speeds from 1-1/1000 sec plus B
- Electronic Flash Shutter speeds 1-1/60 sec
- Oversized quick return mirror for no image cut-off even with supertelephoto lenses
- Mirror lock-up (on most examples)
- Exposure control needle, selected shutter speed and aperture visible in viewfinder
- Flash synchronisation (X and FP)
- Mat-Fresnel-field focusing screen with split-image spot surrounded by microprism band
- Automatic reset film counter
- Accessory hotshoe
- Self timer
- Depth of field preview button
It will be shipped immediately and packaged securely to ensure safe and timely delivery.