Pentax MG 35mm Film SLR Camera with SMC Pentax M 50mm F/2 Lens, case, caps, manual, strap
Here we have a Pentax MG complete with an SMC Pentax-M 50mm F/2 fast prime lens, strap, case, manual, lens cap, and new batteries. The camera is fully functional and ready to produce another lifetime of fantastic photos.
The Pentax MG is a beginner level 35mm film camera that operates in aperture priority auto-exposure mode, plus 1/100th of a second manual speed and Bulb mode. It uses an automatic exposure system that will allow new shooters to simply set the lens aperture, focus, and shoot, while letting the camera do the complicated math of selecting the correct shutter speed. For this reason, it's a great camera for someone who wants to spend more time having fun with the camera, composing shots, and making excellent images with exceptional lenses.
The camera itself is in good condition and fully functional. All buttons and switches actuate as they should. The pentaprism is very clean, as are the battery and film compartments, and mirror-box.
The included lens is from Pentax's absolute best range of manual lenses, featuring the brand's exceptional optic coating technology, SMC (super multi coating). The fast aperture of F/2 is ideal for low-light and available light shooting, as would occur in street photography. The standard focal length of 50mm is perfect for any kind of photography from landscapes to tight portraits, general snapshots to architectural shoots.
It is in great condition. All glass is free of fungus, balsam separation, cleaning marks, and haze. The aperture ring and focus ring actuate as they should, and the aperture blades are snappy and free of oil and corrosion. The filter threads and mount are unmarred.
- Through the lens auto-exposure metering center-weighted
- Aperture Priority shooting mode plus Bulb and 1 mechanical speed
- Compatible with all K-mount lenses from Pentax and 3rd party makers
- Electronic, vertically moving, metal bladed focal plane shutter
- Shutter speeds from 1 second to 1/1000th of a second
- Shutter usable without batteries in Bulb mode and at 1/100th of a second
- Hot shoe flash sync
- Standard LR44 batteries (x2)
- 92% coverage viewfinder .85x magnification
- Split image focusing aid with microprism band
- LED display in viewfinder
- Lightweight and compact measurements of 131.5 x 83 x 49.5mm and 445g (body only)
Sold with our standard guarantee of perfect operation and new batteries installed, this set-up is ready to provide another lifetime of fantastic photos. It will be packaged securely and shipped immediately.