Pentax ME 35mm Film SLR Camera with SMC Pentax-M 50mm F/1.7 Lens - Fully Functional
Here we have one of the easiest to use, and most capable, Pentax SLR cameras, the Pentax ME. It comes with an equally capable and beautiful SMC Pentax-M 50mm F/1.7 fast prime lens and lens cap.
This camera and lens are both in excellent condition and are both fully functional. Sold with our standard guarantee of perfect operation and new batteries installed, this set-up is ready to provide another lifetime of fantastic photos.
The Pentax ME is one of the best-constructed and most professional-feeling entry-level SLRs around. It's extremely compact, beautiful, and capable of making exceptional images while asking very little of the photographer. It's semi-automatic shooting mode makes for a focused and direct approach to photography, while its metal shutter, extremely big and bright viewfinder, and exceptional metering system make it a seriously capable machine.
The included lens comes from Pentax's incredible SMC range of lenses (super-multi coating). This means that the lens' optical coatings are among the best of its time, providing shots free of chromatic aberration, ghosting, flaring, etc. The advanced optics of the system imbue shots with excellent vibrancy, contrast, and clarity.
The quick aperture of F/1.7 allows for making shots with very nice depth of field (bokeh blur), perfect for subject isolation, street photography, and drawing the viewers attention where the photographer intends. Stopping the lens down creates images that are very sharp and detailed, great for landscapes, general purpose photography, and architectural shooting.
For a detailed review of this camera, please visit our site here : http://casualphotophile.com/2015/10/12/pentax-me-camera-review/
- Through the lens auto-exposure metering center-weighted
- Aperture Priority shooting mode, as well as Bulb and 1/100th manual
- Compatible with all K-mount lenses from Pentax and 3rd party makers
- Electronic, vertically moving, metal bladed focal plane shutter
- Shutter speeds from 8 seconds to 1/1000th of a second
- Shutter usable without batteries at 1/100th of a second
- Hot shoe flash sync at 1/100th of a second
- Standard LR44 batteries (x2)
- 92% coverage viewfinder .97x magnification
- Split image focusing aid with microprism band
- LED display in viewfinder shows selected shutter speed
- Lightweight and compact
The camera will be packaged securely and shipped immediately.