Nikon FG 35mm Film SLR Camera with Nikon 50mm F/1.8 Series E Fast Prime Lens, Lens Cap, New Batteries - Fully Functional
Here we have a fantastic condition Nikon FG 35mm film SLR camera with a Nikon 50mm F/1.8 Series E fast prime lens, and lens cap.
This camera is fully functional and in fantastic condition and comes with new batteries installed. Everything works as it should.
Film compartment, battery compartment, pentaprism, viewfinder, focusing screen, and mirror box area all free of dust and debris. There is minor damage to the top of the camera near the hot shoe that can be seen in the photo and for this reason the camera is being sold at a discount.
The lens is perfect. Filter threads are pristine, glass is free of fungus, optical coating is in perfect shape, aperture blades are snappy and oil free, mount is unmarred, everything is excellent!
This standard lens is fantastic for street photography, snap shots, portraits, and everything in between. It has a very fast aperture for low-light shooting, and will produce wonderful bokeh shot wide open. Shooting this lens stopped down will create incredibly sharp images. Additionally, this camera uses Nikon's ubiquitous F mount, for which there are an astounding number of available lenses.
The Nikon FG is an interchangeable lens, 35 mm film, single-lens reflex (SLR) camera. It was manufactured by Nikon in Japan from 1982 to 1986.
The FG was the successor to the Nikon EM camera of 1979 and the predecessor of the Nikon FG-20 of 1984. These three cameras comprised Nikon's first family of ultra compact 35mm SLR camera bodies. The FG had a very sophisticated electronic design compared to earlier electromechanical Nikons.
A very capable camera, it offers a number of shooting modes including full Manual, full Atutomatic, and Aperture Priority semi-automatic. This makes it a perfect camera for both advanced users and shooters who are completely new to photography or film cameras.
It uses Nikon's ubiquitous F-mount, which means that any of Nikon's amazing Nikkor lenses will mount to this camera natively. This allows fitment of incredible world-class optics that will enable the shooter to create fantastic photographs. Any 3rd party F-mount lens will also fit, enabling shooters on a budget to make amazing images as well.
Specs and features :
- Film Format - 35mm
- Film Size - 36mm x 24mm
- Lens - interchangeable lens, Nikon F-mount
- Flash - hot shoe only
- Flash Synchronization - 1/90s; normal sync. only
- Shutter - electronically controlled, double speed mechanical backup
- Shutter Speeds - 1s – 1/1000s (P, A, M); M90 (1/90s); Bulb (B)
- Exposure Modes - Program, Aperture priority, Manual
- Metering Modes - 60/40 percent center-weighted
- Focus Modes - manual
- Audio warning system – advises of under or over exposure
- Back-up mechanical M90 shutter setting enables use of the camera when batteries are drained
- Exposure compensation dial (−2 EV to +2 EV)
- Continuous Shooting at 3.2 frame/s (High), 2 frame/s (Low) with MD-14; 2 frame/s with MD-E
- Viewfinder - fixed eye-level pentaprism
- Battery - two S76 or A76, or one 1/3N
- Dimensions - 139 x 86 x 53 mm
- Weight - 490g
- Original List price - $322.50 ($804 in today's money)
This camera will be packaged securely and shipped immediately.